[AT] Allis Chalmers B Question

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:55:18 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM,  <Recentjester at aol.com> wrote:
> Welllll I been crankin this allis B to no avail. I even tried  ether no pop
> even. The mag is set so that It clicks on #1 while the FIRE line is  in the
> middle of the timing hole on the flywheel. fireing order is correct vales
> are set correctly 0.10 loose have gas to carb an its clean. I have never
> cranked  one before an must confess I am maybe erring on the side of caution.
> Have an old  Harlie an have been kicked.

Back to basics my friend.

Remove #1 plug.  Is it wet or dry??
Wet- No spark or just flooded.
Dry- find out why fuel is not drawing into the cylinder.

Ground the plug base and crank the engine to verify spark at the plug tip.

Disable the other three plugs.  Crank the engine with finger on #1
plug hole until you feel compression building.  Make sure mag snaps at
the top of that stroke to confirm it is not 180 degrees out.

Good luck.

Charlie V.