[AT] MF-35 Hydraulic Selector Valve

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Sep 29 10:27:19 PDT 2010

Interestingly enough we have been working on an MF390T (larger, newer
version of the same Massey Ferguson design) on the hydraulics. Echoing the
statement below, the o-rings are almost certainly failing. But, we have had
4 failures on ours and are thinking there may be another part of the design
causing these failures. Don't hesitate to take the valve off and check all
components. If it is the o-rings, your local industrial supply should be
able to supply the high pressure spec o-rings for you. The gaskets on the
other hand would have to be ordered or make your own.
     On the subject of gasket making, a few years ago I came across a little
kit that I did not know what it was for - it had a bunch of what looked like
hollow pins in it. Lo and behold it is a gasket punch kit and it makes the
niftiest round holes in gasket material, paper, etc. and allows us to make a
gasket so fast it is amazing. And the gaskets actually hold together because
they have the right kind of compression of the fibers in the
paper/cardboard. Ironically the kit was in a part of a bulk lot I bought at
a yard sale or auction - yeah it was at the Tulare Antique Farm Equipment
Show auction! The cost of the lot was about $8 if I remeber right and the
first time we used this it had to have saved me $20.... And the other items
in the lot had already had enough things that went into use that they paid
for the lot several times over. My kind of deal.
     We are finally in hot weather here, the temperatures have been 100-110
degrees for a few days.... Should have been in the summer.
           Grant Brians
           Hollister, California