[AT] OT: Re: test (apropos the Saskatechewan weather comment)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 15 21:03:56 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rupert" <rwenig2 at xplornet.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] OT: Re: test (apropos the Saskatechewan weather comment)

> Thanks Ralph. I brought mine in a week ago. They looked fin then but
> I've thrown out half the Beef Steak variety since. What is happening to
> fall? It's still wet and it's getting cold here. :-(
>
> Rupert

Guess our only hope is for "Indian Summer" as it looks like fall is not
going to give us a break. Saw the first frost on the grass yesterday morning
and forecasts are for colder the next few days. No big rain this week but
just cloudy and damp enough that the crops will not dry out from the last
big rains.
People are buying big grain carts as its not safe to put a loaded truck in
the fields. Duals on combines are another option. I've seen some terrible
ruts in the few fields that have been harvested. It could be a long
difficult harvest season if it ever really starts.

Ralph in Sask.