[AT] test (apropos the Saskatechewan weather comment)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Sep 14 21:52:28 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant Brians" <sales at heirloom-organic.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] test (apropos the Saskatechewan weather comment)

> Ralph, the scary part for me here in California is that we still do not
> have
> our first tomatoes ripe.... They are a big cost item to grow and I have no
> fruit yet about to go into the third week of September! Why? Cool and wet
> spring, then cool summer, now what about the fall? So far this year looks
> like 1964 when the cannery tomatoes were still being harvested at almost
> Christmas. I'm praying for a WARM fall without rain!
>         Grant Brians
>         Hollister,California
>         Vegetable Farmer

Grant, that sound like Sask. weather. As I mentioned to Charlie, the cold
might save our crops from sprouting in the fields since they are too wet to
combine.
RE: tomatoes, they are a failure here this year. Some type of blight has
struck and I don't know if I am going to get one edible tomato off the whole
garden. Picked a few green ones to ripen in the house but they are starting
to rot before they ripen or turn red. I've heard of other people having to
throw all their out as the same thing happened. The problems of a wet year.

Ralph in Sask.