[AT] Who can apply for this?

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 17:09:23 PDT 2010

Charlie-
I wondered that myself, but no one has gone to the trouble of trying to get
one certified.  Seems like there are a lot of D series and even into the
early 3 digit numbered series ACs that would have made a retro rops a very
attractive accessory for some small company to manufacture, if it was
possible.  I even went to a meeting where the safety people got a group of
us together (those who had tractors that didn't have available ROPS kits)
where I was told by one of the ag safety engineers that some tractor designs
were flawed from the standpoint of the axles being likely to break off
during a  turnover event.  He did not get specific as to makes and models,
but was perhaps implying that was the problem with attaching a rops to the
axles.  I would have retrofitted if available, but am not particularly
worried about a rollover on my mostly bottom land farm.
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFWD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST