[Farmall] porcelain signs

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 15:16:11 PDT 2010

That is why I became an amateur sign painter. I always thought it would be cool to decorate my shop with vintage signs, but decided a long time ago I couldn't afford to pay collector prices for originals. I take good photos of any nice original sign I see then use an opaque projector to trace them on to a piece of plywood. I usually make them less than full size of the original. If you look close, you can tell they are hand painted so they won't be confused with originals. They look really nice hanging in my shop and give me something to do in the winter when it's too cold to work in the shop. I also buy a few reproductions when they are reasonably priced and I have a few originals that I inherited from family.

I have also thought about taking the photos to a sign shop and having them make them as banners. That would give you the decoration without having to be somewhat artistic.

Todd Markle

Spring Mills, Pa.