[AT] Hubers for sale...

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sat Sep 25 11:27:54 PDT 2010

My doctor has made it official... no more tractor fun.  I just cannot lift
anything more than a few pounds and standing, bending etc. keeps me in pain
for days. So...

Several years ago, I bought a '46 Huber M120 maintainer, with cab. The
museum, in Marion Ohio, was amazed that I had an original cab and that it
was in such good condition.  I had  great plans for this tractor, I put all
new rubber on it and had the radiator re-cored in preparation for the
restoration.

Turns out the Hercules block is shot and beyond all reasonable repair, so I
found a Huber M180 maintainer down in Weston, MO that has the same engine.
The PO said the engine was good, and re-buildable if needed.  Shortly after
bringing my 2nd Huber home, I ended up in the hospital and had major
surgery.  That was a year ago.  My condition has worsened but the 2 Hubers
sit, waiting for someone to do the engine transplant :)

The M180 even has the bull dozer kit on the front which looks to be in near
perfect condition. My plan was to move the engine and dozer to the M120 as
part of the restoration process.

The M120 has the cab removed, the old block is out and the parts are all in
boxes.  The M180 has the sheet metal removed. I was about to pull the engine
when I ended up in the hospital, so there it sits.  Thanks to a friend who
worked at Huber, in Ohio, I have copies of factory manuals for both tractors
as well as some for the engine.

I am sure I paid way too much for these tractors. Add the new tires and
radiator work, and I have a bundle invested.  The first $1500 offer takes
everything.

I can send pictures if anyone cares to see them.  If you know of anyone who
would be interested, please let me know.  They are located in Norfolk,
Nebraska.

Thanks,

Dick Day

402-379-1606