[Farmall] Ordered Super A Manuals!

Dale flya737 at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 20:02:26 PDT 2010

Thank you all for your input.  I just ordered 3 Manuals for my new Super A from Binder Books, that should keep me busy for a bit.  Tomorrow I will degunk him so I can get a better look at what I have.  Checked the serial number which shows he is a '49.  Couldn't see the engine number, but hopefully I will uncover it tomorrow to see if it matches the Serial number year.  I will probably be relying a bit more heavily on help from you SA guys than I did with the Cub restoration.  Think I missed out on getting more good advice from you Cub guys!  Let me know if I become a pest!

Also, let me know if there is definitely something I should be checking as a new owner.  I already know that the brakes do less than if I dragged a stick behind me!!  Hopefully it will just be an adjustment, but we'll see tomorrow.  I'm missing a return spring on the right brake pedal, too (anyone have a spare?).  Another thing I may need help on as I get further into it is adjusting the governor, as it seems I have very little difference between idle and full throttle,though it mows along just fine.  I will check the linkages and spring tomorrow after I get him cleaned.

I'll be without internet for a few days, but will just write down all my questions and get back.

Thanks in advance, Dale

PS My two sisters saw her today and approve...3 crazy old ladies with 2 tractors will be fun at Denton next year!!! See you there!?