[AT] 8N steering lubrication???

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Fri Sep 17 07:17:45 PDT 2010

The steering box on the 8N is self contain in regards to lubrication.

I do not have my manual(s) with me at the moment so I can not tell you
where to check and add oil.  It also depends on which version steering
box you have.

The box originally used 90 w gear oil (mineral), but may people have
used corn head grease to lube them when the seals leak.

To start, check these links:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=46521

http://www.oldfordtractors.com/rep.htm

http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=682375&sid=5e7cadea7362511a929cbba141047264