[AT] Too Dry to Plow

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 16 06:21:35 PDT 2010

It is dry here also in N.C.Indiana. I drilled a 24 in deep post hole. All I
got out of it was dust, a fine powder. I set my post. Kind of hard to pack
dust.  I just pulled all dust into the hole, and was 3 inches short of
having enough to fill the hole. I watered with 5 gallon of water, and put 2
gallon bucket of rock in it. It set up over night, enough to do the job.
I saw corn being harvested on my birthday (9/11). I don't think this
happened before.
Paul-46555