[AT] test (apropos the Saskatechewan weather comment)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 15 08:18:57 PDT 2010

In a year like this Charlie, I'd agree with your Dad. The driest year in my
farming history was 1988. Hot and dry all spring and summer. We managed to
grow some short thin wheat and barley. Harvested it dry as could be but
excellent quality and early. Yields were maybe one third of a normal year.
Right now that looks pretty good.
Of course for the cattle man this rainy season has been mostly good with
plenty of green grass, although a little hard to make decent hay between
rains.
I guess that old saying about the other man's grass always looking greener
applies if you happen to live in  a dry area outside of Sask.

Ralph in Sask.