[Farmall] Farmall pto

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 16:51:46 PDT 2010

You don't mention if this is a pull type or 3 PT Hitch. If it's a pull type
you-he should check the phase of the u-joints on the PTO. the 2 halfs should
have a notch or the square shaft is a rectangle so they cannot be miss
matched often the button wears off or brakes then someone installs the front
half a 1/4 turn off. This will cause the symptom youare discribing- the noise
can travel but mainly ends up comming from the PTO unit or under the seat. The
U-joints on the 2- 1/2s of the pto shaft should line up, yokes in the same
direction. Also check the drawbar dementions, from the end of the PTO to the
center of the pin hole should be 14" on a 540 drive, measured stright back not
at and angle. Checking these items could save you a lot of money and time.
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685

bbvande at yahoo.com