[AT] Interesting farm sale

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Sep 7 04:01:53 PDT 2010

It is really dry here, the prairie grass probably should have been cut 3
weeks ago, but my swather crimper broke.  I was waiting for the grass to
green up, but we did not have enough rain to do it.  Now it is 3 feet tall
and looking like it does in October.  We had a wildfire about 10 miles away
to the NE in the blackjack and cedar country.  Now they are predicting rain
2-3 inches starting tomorrow as the remnants of that hurricane come this
way.  I have 2 pond projects that we just built and really do not want them
to fill that quickly, but that is what happened last year.  I still have to
get the wheat seed in the ground, but if I do it today, that heavy rain if
it happens will probably wash it out of the ground.  The last time we had a
hurricane through here, it dropped 9 inches....

Farming is very much like one of Yogi Berra's quotes.  If you come to a fork
in the road take it!!!!!!  The farming road has so many forks, you never
know where you started from...

Cecil in OKla