[AJD] Hard starting

Mark Johnson mark.s.johnson at pixius.net
Sun Sep 5 06:16:33 PDT 2010

No more than you've been doing - have you refilled the gas tank recently? It
could just
be that the fuel is 'aging' - gasoline is a complex mixture of hydrocarbons,
and the light
fractions that vaporize easily, making it easy to fire up a cold engine, are
also the ones
that will vaporize out of the fuel the quickest. I've not particularly had a
problem with
tractors, but I end up having to dump the gas tank of my small engines
(lawnmower,
weedwacker, etc) every spring. The small engines won't even 'pop' on the old
gas, then
pretty much take off on the first or second pull with fresh fuel.

Try fresh gasoline, maybe add some Sta-Bil or another fuel stabilizer
product. They
aren't perfect, but they do help, especially for over-winter storage.

Mark J
'40 H
Wichita, KS