[AT] massey combines at portland

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 2 08:58:18 PDT 2010

I'd never even heard of hillside or sidehill combines until the early 70s
when there was a presentation in the local town hall by a fertilizer company
showing farming practices in various parts of the world . For some reason
they were showing harvesting in the Palouse area. What an amazing contrast
to Sask. Now we are not your typical flat land farming country where I live
but in no way do we have the extreme hills that those farmers work with
there. I actually have nightmares about trying to operate farm equipment on
hills like those.
The fellow that put that video on youtube has several other very interesting
old videos there under the name 908harris.

Ralph in Sask.