[AT] Agriculture in Coastal Central California and weather

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Mon Oct 25 21:33:41 PDT 2010

It is unfortunate, but I think some in government want to push
agriculture out of this country.  The other day the inspector for the
Ohio Dept of Ag came into my uncle's packing house (apple).  She was
going to red tag the operation, because the water in the "washer" looked
dirty to her.  My uncle had to explain, that she wasn't looking at the
washer.  She was looking at the dump tank.  That is a very large tank of
water used to float the fruit out of the bins, then up a roller elevator
to the washer.  A lot of these people that make and enforce the laws,
come right out of college and right into government.  There should be a
law that they have to work in the industry for at least two years, so
they can see the reality of the business.  They need to know there isn't
an endless supply of money to always upgrade to what they think we
should have.  There is a reason why we run tractors and equipment that
is 30, 40, 50 years old.  Not necessarily because we are in love with
them, but because of the economics of the situation.

Sorry for the rant, I am getting really p#$$%@ off at all the stupid
regulation, and the idiots that are sent to enforce it.  Let's get back
to some common sense.

Lou