[AT] 3-position light switch (was RE: "After Tractor is running" questions.)

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Oct 9 07:15:22 PDT 2010

> I think there was some tractor I grew up around that had a 3 position
> pull out switch (off, on and on/lights) or something along those lines

Charlie, my old Case VAH was like that, and I assume other Case tractors
from that general era would have been the same.  The tractor used a cutout
relay instead of a voltage regulator, so you had to manually control the
charge rate with the light switch.  Off was no lights, no charge; on was no
lights but charging the battery; all the way out was lights on plus charging
the battery.  I'd guess other tractor makes probably used those same
switches as well.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net