[AT] Starting in the Cold

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 30 20:28:37 PDT 2010

In the 70's I had a small one truck, trucking business.  My old truck had an
8V71 Detroit in it.  In the winter I'd park it near the barn on the farm and
plug in the block heater and put a trickle charger on the batteries.  Then
I'd leave the cab heater fan running on low.  I could go out at 4 am in 10
degree weather, the cab would be 50 degrees or better and the old detroit
would scream to life about as soon as I hit the starter button.   Hooking it
up like that was well worth the trouble!

Charlie Hill