[Farmall] Starting in the Cold

L W Schnell lwschnell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 20:02:42 PDT 2010

The obvious things that assist in cold starting are good spark plugs,
wires, points with correct gap, etc.  It goes without saying that the
battery needs to be good.  On these older tractors with 6 volt systems
it's particularly important to make sure the cable connections are clean
& tight.  I've also found that using a 10W-30 motor oil significantly
increases cranking speed when cold.