[AT] Auction sale today

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Oct 30 16:57:12 PDT 2010

As you might see in the picture we have had a little snow here in SAsk. already but it was melting good today at this local farm auction. There was some real bargains there and if I'd had room in my sheds or had a mind to turn a profit I guess I could have brought home  some of the items there.
This pair of old Dodge trucks in the pic went for $100 apiece, buyer's choice. Strange that a good running L160 IH only brought $75 though. The newer 1500 series IH truck was very nice and brought $2100.
That 1850 Cockshutt in the background was immaculate for it's age although had over 10,000 hours but only brought about $3500. The 1650 next to it with the front end loader brought $4100 (gas engine). The real shock to me was the Cockshutt 30. Ran good as new and looked almost like new and I figured it wouldn't sell for less than $3000, actually sold for $850. The Cockshutt 40 with front end loader was one of those "running when parked" tractors but it was all there and would not have needed much to get it going went in the $500 range, I missed the exact figure.
 http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/142_165/25_99/Dodgeatauction-vi.jpg

Ralph in Sask.