[AT] Agriculture in Coastal Central California and weather

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 18:51:10 PDT 2010

Soil and Water connservation paid me a visit several years back to make sure
I was compliant in regards to terraces, waterways, and distance between
fields and streams. I pointed out that the creek that ran through the farm
was polluted every time it rained by a DOT storage/dump yard with NO erosion
protection at all. They agreed but informed me that they had no jurisdiction
over it. Same creek to be protected from runoff, but 2 agencies to protect
it--all depending on who was polluting.

John Hall