[AT] Antique Tractor Auction report

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 25 13:48:25 PDT 2010

I think I've told this story here before but it's been a while.   About 20
or so years ago I passed by a small country store run by a friend of mine.
All of his stuff was out in the yard and two fellows I didn't know were out
there selling it.  Among the treasures was his Cockshutt 30 row crop.  I
stopped to see what was going on and the guys told me that Tony had a
massive heart attack and was in the hospital and they were selling his stuff
to raise some fast cash for him.  I asked about the tractor and the guy said
"if you'll take it right now you can have it for $50.00"  It was a nice
tractor in original paint, straight and with no signs of leaking oil or
anything.  I wanted it of course but was concerned that maybe some funny
business was going on plus I didn't have any cash on me.  I told the guys
I'd get back with them but didn't ask them to hold it.  I was busy and
couldn't immediately check to make sure the deal was legit.  Of course you
know that when I did go back the Cockshutt was gone.

Charlie