[AT] Hydrogen power OT

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 05:27:48 PDT 2010

Just some readin".

Not long after some conversation occurred on this list Re: hydrogen
powered vehicles, we had a hydrogen explosion at our county airport.
It seems some county vehicles are hydrogen powered and we have the GM
fuel cell and electric car research facility here in the village where
I live, as well as research at Rochester Institute of Technology in
Henrietta.  For days following the mishap, newscasts quoted County
officials as saying that no fuel was being transferred.  It was only a
tank exchange facility.    When viewing photos and film from the
scene, the only vehicle involved was a typical tank truck.  No vehicle
was there to transport small cylinders.  It was pretty obvious that
fuel was being transferred.  Below is a link to newscast of the latest
findings.

http://batavia.ynn.com/content/all_news/western_ny/520695/airport-hydrogen-explosion-ruled-accidental/

When I was in second grade of school (1940's)  (I know!  I am older
than dirt.) a classmate lost his dad as a result of an attack by a
bull.  Another link below tells of a 39 year old lady who suffered the
same fate.

http://www.wham1180.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122742&article=7717036

Charlie V. in WNY