[AT] Horsepower Question

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 18:47:45 PDT 2010

In a message dated 10/12/2010 4:27:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cgogol at twcny.rr.com writes:

You don't get that clue with an air-cooled engine.

My old Honda  150 cc motorcycle would "cease" when rode hard in warm/hot
weather,  or lugging the engine on a hill.  Very exciting to have the rear
wheel  "lock up" at 60 MPH.  After it cooled down, it was OK.  I got so I
could tell when it was going to cease and could avoid disaster by backing off a
bit on the throttle and releasing the clutch before the rear wheel  locked.

Gary
Renton, WA