[AT] Horsepower question

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:27:57 PDT 2010

My blood pressure is ok.  It is just slightly elevated right now because due
to a knee injury I've put on some weight and haven't been excercising enough
but I'm working on that.
I haven't had an MRI but I've ultrasound scans and everything looks ok.

I've been told that if you have a sudden, severe headache in a small area of
your head, for example a stabbing pain on one side of your forehead, and it
immediately goes away that you've just had a minor stroke.  I've had that
happen a time or two over the years.   I try to take aspirin regularly to
keep my blood thinned properly.

Since we are on the subject let me recommend something.  There is an outfit
called Lifeline Screening.  http://www.lifelinescreening.com/
That travels around the country and does a series of painless tests for a
reasonable fee.  Your insurance won't pay for it but it's not a lot of
money.
They do ultrasound of your carotid arteries and your chest/heart to check
for blockage and aneurysm risk.   And they do a bunch of other tests.  You
select the package that suits you.  They send you the results and
recommendations in the mail unless they see an immediate emergency.  If so
they advise you to go to the hospital.  No one sees the results but you and
they aren't entered into any sort of data base that is accessible to
insurance companies, etc.  I try to go once a year or so.

Check them out!

Charlie