[AT] Horsepower question

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Oct 7 05:27:20 PDT 2010

The horsepower data on tractors has changed in the last few years.  I found
out this by accident and it cost me a few thousand dollars.  I bought a Case
JX85  85hp tractor.  It would not pull a 9 ft disc mower in JUly with the
air conditioner on without getting hot.  I traded it for a TS110 New Holland
that is rated at 110 HP.  However, both of these tractors are rated at
engine hp, not PTO as they were rated for 50 years or more...  There is a
lot of loss in the drive train.....  I would not own another Case/IH again..

Cecil in OKla