[AT] OT--truck wheel torque

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:45:54 PDT 2010

John a Dayton wheel is like a tractor rim, just the part that holds the air
in the tire and it is held onto a 5 spoke hub with L shaped wedges that go
between the rim and the end of the spokes with a stud that screws into the
end of the spoke.

A Budd wheel is more like a regular car or truck rim.  it has a center hole
with a ring of lug nuts around that center that bolt into the hub.

I asked because they have different specs and frankly I can't remember.
Generally you tighten the things about as tight as you can get them!  We
used to use a 1" impact wrench with 150 PSI on the Daytons.  I don't have
that much experience with Budds but I don't think they require quite as
much.

However, it sounds like your Ford might have something all together
different but more like a Budd.