[AT] OT--truck wheel torque

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 6 14:02:32 PDT 2010

Don't know what you call them Charlie, for what it's worth it's a '74 Ford
F-600. The nuts are tapered as well as the stud for the inside dual. All I
know is that I put 8ft of pipe on one nut and it still wouldn't break loose.
I suspect the last guy didn't center them up well and just went to
tightening the heck out of things. Oddly enough there is no hub that
accurately centers the rim. Kind of aggirvating to get them on. The only
thing I've ever seen worse are the chrome rims on my Mustang, they use a
shouldered nut.

John Hall