[AT] Who can apply for this? - a LONG dissertation on ROPS, old tractors ...

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 17:05:51 PDT 2010

In a message dated 10/1/2010 3:36:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sales at heirloom-organic.com writes:

and then support the full weight of the tractor in an inverted  position
from a shock loaded impact point

My neighbor did some research on the subject and discovered that some
designs are to prevent rolling past the 90 degree point.  The ROPS on my JD  450
dozer is very tall and I believe would prevent going all the way over.   Of
course if you were driving sideways on a steep grade I think the machine
would go all the way over, probably several times.  I believe that there is
some design requirement the ROPS be able to withstand more than one complete
 rollover.  Like Dave said ROPS don't prevent rollover. :)   I think there
are too many variables to make you safe during a  rollover.  How many people
wear the seat belt-- I don't, and without a seat  belt chances are good you
will end up under the machine.   :(

Gary
Renton, WA.