[AT] real tractor stuff <g>

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Nov 13 15:28:58 PST 2010

It was quite pleasant here in NW NJ today, and I took advantage of the
nice weather. I dropped the Woods 5' 3-point mower off the hitch on the
International 240U and also took the belt off the idler pulley. I found
out the hard way that, if you leave the tension on the belt all winter,
it is very likely to break shortly after you start mowing in the Spring.

Then I fired up the Farmall 340 and brought it around to drop the IH 100
sickle bar mower off the Fast Hitch. I got lucky this time and
positioned the various 8x8 chunks of wood just right underneath the
mower, and the prongs slid right out of the sockets. On previous
attempts the Fast Hitch has been anything but fast.

My next tractor chore will be dropping the 5' belly mower off the
International 184 and bringing the tractor into the "work bay" - my
winter project is giving the engine a much overdue overhaul. I am
thinking just rings, but you never know what you will find until you
open them up...

But, before I can bring the 184 inside, I have to hook up the truck snow
plow to get it away from the door (where it has been since last March).
And to do that, I need to charge the batteries on the Farmall 560 that
is parked in front of the snow plow. And so it goes.

Mike