[AT] Thoughts on small combines, other harvest machinery and where it takes us (continued)

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Nov 6 14:51:49 PDT 2010

    Len;
    No, the bin was not mounted high. Not like the old Case picker-shellers
that unloaded by gravity.  It was painted, not galvanized.  Bin was mounted
at combine level and used the clean grain elevator to elevate the grain high
enough so that the the chute let it fall into a wagon. The chute slid on
rails and was raised up, then tilted to position back into the bin for
combining and to unload it was raised and tilted to the outside position to
allow the grain to fall into the wagon. The elevator was located at the
outside edge if I recall right. A sliding gate in the bottom of the bin
allowed the grain to enter this elevator so it could be lifted high enough
to slide down the chute into the wagon.

    Hope I have described it clear enough.

                    Gene