[AT] Thoughts on small combines, other harvest machinery and where it takes us (continued)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 6 11:05:12 PDT 2010

Heres an ad I had posted over on red power showing the All Crop combine back
in 1949. Notice the pickup attachment. Also these were left hand cut.
 http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=87916Ralph in Sask. ----- Original Message -----From: "Len Rugen" <rugenl at yahoo.com>To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:43 AMSubject: Re: [AT] Thoughts on small combines, other harvest machinery andwhere it takes us (continued)> Dad's older owners manual had a power unit (Motor from a C I think) and> the PTO as an option.  I think there was also a picture of the bagging> platform, but it's been a LONG time.  The wheels aren't duals, there is> a 2nd axle stub just in front or behind of the original and the 2nd> wheel tracks offset both to the side and fore/aft of the main wheel.> Duals would still drop into a ditch or cultivator ridge, the tandems> were almost like having a 2' track on each side, one would carry the> other over a small gully.  No suspension of course.>> Remember, the
 reel was