[Farmall] Rodent (and other animal) killers

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Nov 30 14:08:23 PST 2010

I've never had a problem with rodents chewing on the wiring (don't have
any chipmunks in our area). Don't use any poison's or chemicals to keep
the critters out of the garage or house. When I mow, I cut as short as
possible. This makes it easier for hawks and owls to spot any rodents and
have a good lunch. For some reason we have owls and hawks cohabiting in
our woods. Don't think that's supposed to happen.

When mowing, you'll occasionally see me doing donuts on the lawn as I try
to catch a rodent that I kicked up, with the rear tire. I usually make a
second pass to make sure it's flat. I'll also hit the brakes or swerve for
any snake I happen to see.  Even the common garter snake will take care of
the smaller rodents

 Keeping wood piles and such cleaned up also helps. Give them a nice spot
to make a home and they gladly move into yours.

In the last two years I've had more problems with muskrats in our pond
than I've had in the last eleven years with the typical field mouse.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.