[AT] Off topic mouse problem

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue Nov 23 10:45:24 PST 2010

Ralph Goff wrote:
> [...]

Ralph. I doubt you will get the cleaner inside the switch since most are
sealed micro-switch types.
However most mice will come apart. The older style usually had one or
two screws in the base that would come out and allow you to remove the
top cover. Then you can clean the scroll wheel, and check th  board. In
your case it sounds like a bad solder joint on the left switch.
If your mouse doesn't have screws it is a snap together design. Those
usually have a pair of tabs at the rear, one on each side and locking
ears in the front. You pop the rear tabs and then GENTLY open the shell.
The side tabs will come loose with some side-side twisting motion.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)