[AT] Drag line engine ID wanted- update

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Mon Nov 22 14:21:48 PST 2010

Charlie,
     This article:
http://www.contrafedpublishing.co.nz/Historical/The+Schield+Bantam.html
says they were bought out by Koehring in 1961.

That article has to do with the shovel, and not the dragline.  Probably
the same results, though.  The one our township had was on a surplus 6X6
and used a 3 cylinder Jimmy.  They used to be everywhere here in Iowa.
Now they are a collector's item and I wish I had bought one when they
were plentiful and cheap.  Of course, I always want that about most
everything.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA