[AT] plug heat?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 21 07:30:02 PST 2010

John the heat range is indicate in the part # of most brands.  You can
probably find the information online.  With AC Delco plugs the second
numeral indicates the heat range with the hotter plugs having higher
numbers.  In other words an R44T plug is hotter than an R43T plug.  The 4
indicates the thread size with 4 meaning 14 mm.  R is for Resistor and T
means tapered seat.

Here is a link for Autolite
http://www.autolitesparkplugs.com/glossary.asp?kw=How+do+I+find+a+colder+or+hotter+plug?&manID=5&pt=
if that one doesn't work try this one
http://www.autolitesparkplugs.com/faqmain.asp?mfid=5

The only thing you have to worry about is getting one that is so long that
the tip of the plug hits the piston and that usually isn't a problem with
tractor engines.

The Autolite plug shown for your 8N is AL437
http://www.8ntractors.com/ford_8n_tractor_spark_plugs_183_ctg.htm

A good parts guy should be able to figure out what the you need.