[AT] More on the water pump

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Nov 18 20:34:46 PST 2010

Jim & Lyn Evans wrote:
> Never heard of that before, but what a great idea.  I just googled it and
> found they run about $1000.  Do you suppose you could build one out of those
> Halloween smoke machines that sell for $30 or so?

You can buy them used for around 400-500 bucks.
I think Vacutek has one new for about 900 bucks.

The newer ones are calibrated down to pressures that won't damage any of
the EVAP hardware and allow you to use nitrogen to prevent any possible
explosive mixtures.

I have seen home made units. Most were made using diesel glow plugs and
carb jets. The jets spray mineral oil to atomize it and generate the
smoke. They work fine for most stuff but you have to regulate the
pressure WAY down (like under .25 psi)

--
Steve W.
(\___/)