[AT] OT: netcook/laptop problems (was Re: Drag line engine ID wanted

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Nov 17 10:53:44 PST 2010

You know that might explain something.  When I took my first one back the
only thing wrong was the clock would not retain it's setting.  They told me
it was a bios problem.  I asked if they could just replace the battery.
They said they could try that but it was day 13 of my 14 day window of
taking it back to the store and I needed the computer right away so I
decided to go ahead and trade it out.  NOW I'm wondering if the Geek Squad
guy didn't see a chance to get himself a very nice notebook for a "throw
away" price.   I don't know how much latitude they have with the
manufacturers on what gets returned to be repaired.

Charlie