[AT] OT: netcook/laptop problems (was Re: Drag line engine ID wanted

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Nov 17 07:49:26 PST 2010

I agree with Howard. I was having a similar problem with a fancy HP
laptop I rescued from the dumpster - the only thing wrong with it was
that it was doing random odd things while I was typing, including having
the cursor just wander all over the place. Just for the heck of it, I
plugged in and used a regular keyboard, and the problem went away
immediately. I am going to see if I can disable the touch-pad (I use a
regular optical mouse, not the touch-pad, so it won't be any loss).

Mike