[AT] Knees

SKIP CLEVELAND skipcleveland at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 07:36:09 PST 2010

http://www.biomet.com/patients/oxford.cfm

Larry. Is this what you had done?
Skip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Goss" <rlgoss at insightbb.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Knees

My guess is that both the operation and the hardware has changed so much that there is very little carry-over between what you went
through 10 years ago and today. Even the 14 months between operations for me made many major changes for me at the same hospital and
with the same doctor. They used to use plastic parts for the joint. Those are no longer used. It's now a titanium upper part for the
femur with a Teflon pad below to replace the bad cartilage. One size fits all -- regardless of body build. The entire leg is held in
a portable "machining center" to prepare the old joint. No muscles or tendons are cut. The whole operation takes between 10 and 15
minutes. Everything else is rehab.

Larry