[AT] Farmall M hydraulics

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 14 18:40:08 PST 2010

I can't ever remember having any problems with couplers other than leaks on
the Deere's. More than once I've seen the pair on the back of dad's IH 454
have all the balls in the couplers rusted so badly that you had to break
them loose individually with a screwdriver. To the best of my knowledge they
are original and still don't leak. But they are a pain to hookup compared to
Deere.

Speaking of couplers, I've never cared for the rubber plugs you are supposed
to plug in to keep them clean when not in use. Many years ago Shoup was
selling some spring loaded doors that bolted on Deere's. They work really
nice. Don't know if they had it for other makes.

John