[AT] real tractor stuff <g>

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 14 07:21:52 PST 2010

John,  I don't know about your JD but I recently bought a new set of points
for my D-14 Allis.   The local parts house has just changed over to Car
Quest and they were having a hard time figuring out how to cross reference
them.  I told the parts guy they looked just like old Chevy points to me but
that I had never checked to see.   I had the old points with me.  He looked
at them and told me he agreed.  He pulled out a set for a 70's  model 6 cyl
chevy and they were a dead match.   I think they were less than $5.00.
Also, condensers are pretty well standard.  It's possible that the only odd
ball thing is the JD distributor cap.

    Charlie