[AT] Snow blower lubrication

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 13 12:50:42 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Day" <dickday0 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Snow blower lubrication

The reason for posting this question is since I've never owned one
before, I did some research on how to maintain a snow blower, and
every site I saw said to make sure the chute is lubricated.

My 35 year old McKee snowblower has not had any lubrication on the chute in
years. It will build up with hard packed snow and become almost impossible
to turn with the crank until I take it off and clean out the ice. I doubt
that grease would help. None of the wearing parts have shown undue wear or
need for replacement.

Ralph in Sask.