[AT] Snow blower lubrication

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Fri Nov 12 18:26:48 PST 2010

Well, my new 72" snow blower is still sitting on the pallet. Once my hand
gets back into shape, I plan in checking all bolts and nuts, chain tension
and making sure all fittings are greased.

My question concerns the spot where the chute rests on top of the box.
There is a big Teflon ring that acts as a spacer between the chute gear and
the round opening it sits on. The manufacturer is suggesting that we do not
need to lubricate this since the Teflon ring will keep the two metal
surfaces from sticking.  They also said that some lubricants will get hard
in extremely cold weather.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Dick Day