[AT] Thoughts on small combines, other harvest machinery and where it takes us (continued)

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Sat Nov 6 16:40:51 PDT 2010

The Allis All-Crops and Gleaners were completely separate lines of combines-
nothing in the All-Crop line was ever converted into a Gleaner or
galvanized. Yes, for some years, Allis sold two different lines of combines,
built in different factories, completely different technology, different
colors.

The original All-Crops became the 60 series combines, the 40 was a smaller
combine designed later for use behind an Allis B sized tractor and was
somewhat different than the All-Crop, being more of a scoop-shovel type
combine. The 40 was discontinued early- Allis histories say because of low
sales but in truth probably more of a patent situation.