[AT] Scary "wreck" but no damage

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Nov 1 07:07:18 PDT 2010

I have had some Pin problems this past year.  Losing one caused a B-P drive
shaft to get a little dimple on it and it created binding that reequired 3
new u joints and finally a new $150 drive shaft.  I used a 1 1/4 inch pin in
my no till drill that had a little wear on it, and ended up spending an hour
cutting it out with a torch.  Sinch then I use the largest pin I can and
always use clips on it.  I never used them before.  I also buy new pins from
the local Atwoods rather than making them.  I have had that good sucker rod
break a few times.  As we get older those funny mishaps are not so funny.
Also, since I am getting so stiff and cannot do what I used to, I have a
hired hand who I have to pay $20/hour.  A $5 pin can cost me $50 real quick.

Cecil in OKla