[AT] Power steering for small tractors

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon May 31 07:31:48 PDT 2010

Joe, one that I saw online looked a lot like the old Ford power assist boxes
except it had an electric motor instead of hydaulic.  It just fits in the
steering rod somewhere convenient.    I saw one made for race cars that had
an adjustment dial on the dash so you could modify the steering feel/input
on the fly.  The advantage for race cars is obvious.   It saves 5 or 10 hp.
However that aftermarket unit was about 2 grand.  I'm thinking there is
probably a unit on one of the small cars that can be draged out of a junk
yard and retrofitted.  I just wish I knew more about them.   Is there anyone
on the list that wrenches on modern small cars?