[AT] M Farmall Head

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Tue May 25 03:58:32 PDT 2010

Jim Johnson, Miles, (eastern) Iowa, was real active in IHC; phone
563-212-7432 or 563-682-7790.
Herb

about a gallon extra in it.  Anti-freeze, water, and oil.  Pulled the head
and it had cracks all over.   This head had been put on about five years
ago and had been repaired before I purchased it. ($350.00).  I probably
hadn't run it over ten hours during that time.  I don't know wheater it
leaked from the start or not.  Never noticed it being low on water until
last fall when I checked the anti-freeze.  It was about a gallon low then.
Hopefully I haven't damaged the bearings or crank.

> > Does anyone on the list know where I could get a good one,  perferably
one that has been rebuilt.  I found one locally but when I had it
magnafluxed it was cracked and no good.

> > This was my Dad's tractor and I will do whatever necessary to get it
back in shape again.    I also have his C Farmall that he bought new in
1950 when I was 12 years old.   Use it now with a Woods belly mower almost
daily it seems.