[Farmall] Transmission Oil Change - Wrench Question

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Mon May 24 09:33:34 PDT 2010

The 3/4 socket adapter is the cheap + easy way to go.

In most cases, the plug will turn out easy, since there
is usually oil in the threads, and the tranny casting.doesn't
hold it very tight.

Dave Merchant

At 11:48 AM 5/23/2010, you wrote:
>A 1/2 to 3/4 socket drive adapter from Harbor Freight.  Or a short
>piece of 3/4 bar stock and an adjustable wrench (or open end wrench).
>
>Bob Holtzer
>
>At 04:32 AM 5/23/2010, you wrote:
> >I need to change the transmission/differential in the 1949 "H" I recently
> >purchased.  The filler plug is a large barrel bung-looking plug, but the
> >wrench access is inset into the plug rather than protruding out....which
> >means I can't use a wrench on it.  The square hole is 3/4".  I don't have a
> >socket or pull handle that size.  Anybody got a suggestion before I go out
> >and buy an expensive tool for this?

Dave Merchant
kosh at nesys.com
nesys_com at ameritech.net
dmerchant at layerzero.com

http://www.nesys.com
http://www.nesys.org
YouTube: SteamCrane

"I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards)
and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."
         - Prof. Phil Jones
         - Director, Climatic Research Unit
         - School of Environmental Sciences
         - University of East Anglia