[AT] MF 50

Snelling, Wayne K wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Thu May 20 10:57:08 PDT 2010

I have a good yard tractor MF 50 , or was good to me but, the distributor rotor does not turn. I took it out, could not feel anything turning on the dist shaft so that seems ok, gear looks good...hat to ask..is it possible the cam gear driving the distributor is bad?? I put it back in after timing it DTC #1 on fire and hit the starter--tried to start then backfired. With the distributor in (yes, it is all the way down and locked) I could not turn the rotor. But, when I hit the starter the rotor does not turn? and weird..
Wayne